Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cross-Examine

I have realized that being a teenager these days I have to deal with a lot of cross-examination. Teachers, parents, bosses, and the parents of the kids I teach cross-examine me all the time. Of course these cross-examinations are not near as extreme as real cross-examinations but they have the same effect.

My parents cross-examine me about homework, school, and my friends a lot. They are just doing it because they want to make sure I am doing good in school and everything, but I am a big girl so I know that I need to do my homework without asking me about it all the time.


The parents of the kids I teach cross-examine me often. I feel like I am constantly being watched and judged by them. They have good reason to do this, I guess, because I am dealing with their small children. When they first meet me I think they are surprised that I am so young and already have a job. So, they ask me all about me and how qualified I am to teach gymnastics. The whole process is very unnerving.


All adults, pretty much, cross-examine me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment