Sunday, November 28, 2010

Uh Oh! (A 12 Sentence Story)

When my siblings and I were growing up we climbed on everything, the bars and beams at gymnastics, the trees and rocks outside, and the counters and walls at home. My sister and I were both tiny kids; my brother, on the other hand, was pretty hefty. Our house back then, a rent house, had to put up with many of our crazy shenanigans. One time me and my sister decided to climb inside the house by putting our hands and feet on opposite walls, climb up the walls, to the ceiling, down the walls, to the floor. My brother thought he should join in on the fun. Uh oh. I warned him that he would get hurt or that he would fall or that he would break something. Ignoring my protests, he tried to climb. On the wall, a gaping hole I saw. What did we do? We ran and hid and cried. An extra painting in the house, an absentee landlord, the thrill of keeping a secret means we covered it up and never told a soul.

1 comment:

  1. Now you've done it: bared an ugly skeleton in your closet!

    Your simple and balanced sentences aren't really simple and balanced. Nice job on the rest.

    ReplyDelete