Monday, November 9, 2009

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey is a book about being a better teen. The book helps teens have a better attitude and become who they want to be. The seven habits are be proactive, begin with the end in mind, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand, then be understood, synergize, and sharpen the saw.

My favorite of these habits is put first things first. This habit makes the reader think about what is important in their life. Then, put those important aspects first. My "first things" are family, religion, and values. I try to always put these things before everything else.

The habit that I need to work on the most is be proactive. This habit is really hard for me. I am a reactor so if something happens to me I react before I think. This is not smart so I really need to master this habit.

The habit that I am the best at is begin with the end in mind. I am always thinking about what I need to accomplish to succeed in life. I need to do good in school so I can get a scholarship for college. Then, I need to get good grades in college so I will be prepared for the real world.

This book has some great tips. I believe that if someone really tried to apply themselves to each habit, they would change their life.

I recommend this book to any struggling teen that is looking to get their life on track. I would not recommend it to teens that are doing well because the book is not really that interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment