Friday, January 15, 2010

When I Took A Stand

When I was younger I had a teacher that was pretty crazy and I could tell she did not like me.

One time I missed her class on a Friday because I was on a school related trip with another girl that was in the same class. She knew where I was because the school told her the names of the students that were going on the trip. I was on that trip all day Friday and most of the day Saturday. Then, as soon as I got back, I went straight to Hot Springs for a gymnastics meet that was on Sunday morning. I did not get home until about 5 o'clock on Sunday evening. Then I did the homework I knew I had and went to bed.

On Monday, in that teacher's class there was a test. I did not know about this test because she announced it on the Friday that I was gone. She did not believe me so she tried to make me take the test anyway. I have always had good grades but I usually have to study so I was furious because I did not have a chance to prepare for this test. I knew I would probably get in trouble but for the sake of me and the other girl that were not informed about the test I told her we should not have to take the test. She got mad at me and made me take the test anyways.

When me and the other girl found out what we made on the test I went to the principle and told him about our situation. He told us we could take the test again the next day because we should have been given a chance to prepare. Needless to say, the teacher was not happy with me when the principle came to her and made her let us take the test.

This may not be a huge act that changed the world, but it made me and the other girl that went on the trip happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment