Monday, January 18, 2010

When My Parents Took A Stand

People are always taking a stand. If someone believes in something he/she is going to take a stand for it no matter what it is. One time my parents took a stand and I will always admire them for it.

Before my sister Krista was born, the doctors told my parents she would not amount to anything. She had a twin, but the twin did not ever form so they told my parents my sister would be a vegetable, at best.

The doctors suggested that they abort her and try again. My parents, being Christians, were against abortion so they told the doctors they could never do that to someone. They just prayed and everything turned out right.

When my sister was about eight we were at the hospital that she was born at. We ran into the doctor that told my parents to abort my sister and he was happy that my parents stood up to him because my sister is perfectly healthy.

If my parents did not have my sister their life would be completely different and, most likely, mine would too. I admire my parents all the time for taking a stand and not giving up on something they believed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment